Currently seeking an experienced Plant Manager to join our team in Oklahoma. You Must be a U.S. Citizen/Green Card holder. Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Plant Manager is responsible and accountable for successfully leading all aspects of the plant operation including, but not limited to: workforce safety, general quality of work, adherence to schedule commitments, resource planning, process and procedural improvements, leading and developing frontline supervisors, and performing human resource functions.
- Demonstrate and instill the company’s core values throughout the plant.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times through active participation in resolving safety hazards, implementing safety improvements, and leading safety meetings.
- In collaboration with all support functions, strive to do things right the first time.
- Actively participate in schedule commitment activities and resource management to ensure priorities are being followed and schedules are being met. Facilitate the proactive review of specifications and drawings to ensure a production plan is in place prior to the start of a job.
- Lead and guide the development of frontline supervisors by providing clear expectations, active support, and information necessary for their success.
- Champion training and active learning programs to ensure all frontline supervisors and shop personnel maintain the expertise and skills necessary to perform their duties in a safe and productive manner in support of company goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in the improvement of current processes, procedures, and guidelines for opportunities to improve the safety, quality, throughput, and/or cost competitiveness of products.
- In collaboration with other functions, continuously evaluate and modify the plant layout and material workflow for increased throughput.
- Perform human resource functions such as: interviewing and hiring, onboarding, performance action plans and feedback, salary administration activities, and disciplinary action.
- In concert with manufacturing engineering, support the development of plant equipment specifications and assist in the procurement of the equipment.
- Ensure equipment and tools are in good working order and available for use when required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the union and proactively resolve issues.
- Participate in daily and/or weekly project and production meetings.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field strongly preferred; Eight (8) or more years of production related experience in a manufacturing setting required; Five (5) or more years of production related experience in a heavy metal manufacturing setting required; Five (5) or more years of managerial experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to drive positive change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Some negotiating experience.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations such as: cutting, machining, welding, forming, fabrication, blasting, and painting
- Good knowledge of human resources laws and practices
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability required.
- Must periodically wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Limited travel required
Working Conditions: Moderate exposure to weather, extreme cold and heat, wetness and humidity, confined spaces, elevated workspaces, and limited lighting environments
Safety Hazards: Exposure to moving parts, mobile equipment, elevated temperatures, electrical equipment normally present in a shop environment.
Job Reference Number: 1-20MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.