Organizes manufacturing processes and practices through the development and application of standard operating parameters for all products and equipment used in the manufacturing operation. Responsible for the Shape Mold daily / weekly schedule, Inventory, administration and coordination of manufacturing policies, processes, methods and procedures designed to improve operating performance, reduce waste and delays and otherwise promote cost reductions on a plant-wide basis.
- Develop, and document standard press operating parameters for the set up and startup of every job along with deviation documentation and control process to record and track process deviation(s).
- Activities involve using time-study or standard data for a variety of machine, assembly and hand operations, production methods, equipment layout, material handling, and manpower, equipment and material utilization in order to improve operating performance.
- Analyze production results and deviations to determine root causes of failures and/or process inconsistencies using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Assist in the review product designs for manufacturability and completeness.
- Train production personnel in the standardization process.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems such as material use variances and bottlenecks.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities. Coordinate manufacturing processes with quality control objectives and standards and initiate activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Ensure that the Environmental and Safety policies are followed.
- Comply with procedures, regulations, and instructions of environmental and safety programs.
- Promote the fulfillment and awareness of customer requirements, of quality system requirements, and all relevant state, federal, and local legal and regulatory requirements in Environmental and Safety aspects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a molding environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing or assembly environment required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of EPS products.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for the education requirement at the discretion of the hiring manager or Plant Manager.
Job Reference Number: 9-15SB
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.