Our client a vertically integrated manufacturer of metal-based building products has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to join their manufacturing team. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder. This is an ON-SITE opportunity. The Manufacturing Manager is out in front leading the way with the requisite skills to interpret the needs of the business and transfer to the team to accomplish daily, weekly, and long-term objectives. Involved with the planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing processes within their Value Stream. Leads teams to resolve complex technical problems and ensure that resources are available to plan, control, and improve the operation. Develops team capability through training, coaching, and ensuring the continuous flow of information. Acts as a champion for process engineering, Lean, and Six Sigma methods and drives the continuous improvement process. The Manufacturing Manager will also participate in strategic planning, goal-setting, strategy-deployment, business analysis, and organizational design activities as a member of the Site’s Business Team and Guiding Coalition. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns the value stream as business unit leader reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for executing all manufacturing activities related to the 1–3-year strategy
- Responsible for day-to-day activities within the department
- Monitors process performance to ensure that stated objectives are being met in terms of safety, first pass quality and productivity.
- Uses statistical analysis methods to effectively analyze process concerns and performance gaps.
- Facilitate the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools to act when necessary.
- Propose, sponsor and lead projects or RIEs that will improve product performance, reduce costs, improve yields, or reduce cycle time through using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
- Process Ownership of all activity related to achieving target unit cost.
- Responsible for executing the training plan creating a multi-skilled workforce within the value stream
- Responsible for “influencing” the performance of the equipment in the value stream, including TPM and preventative maintenance (Maintenance and Engineering function will have direct authority).
- Provides leadership and support in TPM activities such as: collection of data through PMs, participating in maintenance planning, coordinating planned work during outages, and continuously improving the maintenance planning and execution process.
- Responsible to develop Level 2 Process Leaders (Area and Group Leaders).
- Uses Rapid Improvement Events effectively driving decision authority to Level 1 Operator Leaders.
- Ensures that team members have all resources and information necessary to make decisions at the appropriate level of the operation.
- Ensures that Control Plans are being utilized effectively to create process stability and control.
- Point person responsible to upstream and downstream internal customers of the production process.
- Drive safety through using Production System tools to create a workplace where employees know “what correct looks like” and a culture where “self-awareness” and “attention to detail” are the expectation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering or related
- 3+ years of experience in technical problem solving or customer communication in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to independently prepare and deliver presentations and training materials.
- Ability to interface with the organization, customers, and suppliers acting as a coach and trainer.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams with focus on strategic planning/execution for new processes as well as driving continual improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Strong organizational and project management leadership abilities; can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in creating or revising process documents such as Control Plans, FMEA’s, JSA’s and Standard Work job instructions.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience in Infinity QS, WinSPC, QI Analyst, or similar real-time SPC software
- Understanding of process capability metrics
- Outstanding facilitation, communication & presentation skills, particularly presentation of data analysis results (charts, graphs, etc.)
Job Reference Number: 8-31.2MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.