Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Top notch company has an excellent opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This position will have four direct reports. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures the Engineering Team and other Manufacturing Departments work together and cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process and directs the work of assigned Manufacturing Engineers, and Project Engineers. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager MUST have rubber product experience.
- Analyze and design Lean Manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material, and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment, and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with R&D, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support all current and new product introductions. Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before starting-up vendors/subcontractors.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material. Assist in the assessment vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration. Responsible for training vendors/subcontractors on new product launches to meet target date.
- Identify and recommend training needed to improve efficiency.
- Check concepts, layouts and designs, review and assist in design work with regard to function, safety, cost, project definition, and conformance to codes and standards. Designate pertinent testing and evaluate results.
- Must have rubber product experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering general.
- Seven to ten years of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Previous experience in an engineering leadership role.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology.
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, schedules, and specifications.
- Experience with silicone, TPE or elastomers would be a plus.
Job Reference Number: 8-8E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.