Growing and well-established company in the Northern Indiana area has an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage the overall maintenance, repair and continued improvement activity of a high-volume manufacturing facility that is focused on safety, quality, and productivity. This individual reports to the Plant Manager. Position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package!
- Follows plant safety procedures and guidelines; wears and utilizes personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Informs supervisor of safety issues; reports any workplace injury or incident immediately.
- Follows plant quality practices including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Actively participates in the safety improvement process/activities, e.g., Hazard Identification, Safety Suggestions, Safety Teams, etc.
- Support SQF through compliance with SQF standard practices and policies.
- Assist SQF teams, audits, and documentation as necessary.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the roles and responsibilities of this position will be fulfilled as designated, documented, and approved by the Plant Manager.
- Maintains and orders annual inspections as required by governmental regulatory agencies. Manages and controls the use, storage and timely disposal of hazardous materials and wastes. Maintains and tests of fire suppression sprinkler system in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Serves as plant liaison with fire department and other emergency responders. Assures periodic testing and maintenance of the facility’s emergency lighting and related systems; ensures periodic inspection and testing of all fire extinguishers; conducts periodic testing of facility’s crane hoists.
- Ensures employees follow plant quality practices including Good Manufacturing Practices or GMP’s.
- Experience in packaging, polymers, plastics, extrusion, blow molding, or injection molding would be a plus.
- BA/BS degree in a related field – Bachelor’s or better in Industrial Maintenance or related field.
- Five plus years of experience in related maintenance activities, with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Computer skills required for this position include a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Self-directed and independent with strong communication skills.
- Understand concepts of plastic manufacturing process.
Job Reference Number: 12-16E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.