Our client is an industry leader in the manufacture of consumer electronics for automotive and consumer applications has an opportunity available for an Electrical Engineer to join their product development group. This position will work closely with engineering, industrial design, and testing teams to ensure the fastest path to market while maintaining our strict design, quality, and safety requirements.
This is an on-site opportunity and you must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Design and debug schematics and PCB layouts to meet product requirements using Altium.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to integrate design into product housing.
- Communicate often with firmware engineers to ensure design fluidity.
- Read, understand, and implement requirements from safety standards into product design.
- Manage E-BOM and alternate component lists.
- Work with testing to develop and execute test plans.
- Communicate issues, roadblocks, and concerns to project management teams.
- Write technical documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in circuit and layout design.
- Experience with microcontrollers is a must.
- Proficient in designing schematics and PCB layouts using standard ECAD systems such as Altium, Mentor Graphics, or Eagle.
- Working knowledge of DC motor control and battery management systems for Lithium batteries.
- Understanding of PCB design for high-volume manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with standard product development processes and stage gates.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Firmware/Software knowledge is a plus.
Job Reference Number: 8-2MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.