Very large and fast growing company has an excellent opportunity available for a Lean Six Sigma Leader. The Lean Six Sigma Leader will ensure an effective business transformation utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles. Provide leadership and project management within the entire facility for the implementation of continuous improvement programs i.e., Kaizens & Just-Do-It (JDI) initiatives, across Value Stream(s) and cross-functional departments of the business.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage Lean events/workshops identified through Value Stream Maps.
- Facilitate, document and audit Kaizen events from the preparation though sustainment.
- Provide facility wide training as required to maintain a culture of Continuous Improvement with emphasis on visual controls and 5S.
- Act as the coordinator to functional teams in their efforts to identify & execute Continuous Improvement across their Value Stream.
- Work with area leaders for all Continuous Improvement activities to ensure that processes are measured, monitored and controlled through standard work.
- Maintain tracking metrics & communications.
- Manage Action Plans and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- A working knowledge of Lean Principles and able to train others.
- A confident communicator; one on one and in group settings. Able to discuss differences openly and influence other.
- Able to facilitate groups – meetings/training/workshop setting.
- Comfortable generating presentations and templates using Excel, Visio, Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering and/or significant hands-on experience.
- Green or Black Belt trained.
- Five plus years of direct experience in Continuous Improvement both as team leader and facilitator; there must be evidence of both Transactional and Manufacturing based events.
- Facilitated Kaizen workshops and/or Six Sigma projects.
Job Reference Number: 7-18E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.