The primary purpose of the Industrial Engineer position is to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes. They will incorporate efficient production systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy, and materials to make products or provide services. They will design, develop, and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and space. The Industrial Engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
The Industrial Engineer position will engage in classical methods and tools for improving and establishing efficiency and costs on the manufacturing floor. These tools are to include time studies and workplace or workstation layout design and set-up. While the classic tools will be used this position will also engage in Lean Manufacturing thinking and Lean Sigma methodology and reporting for larger project work.
They will also work in a support role as needed on less complex projects and be expected to be a Team Member and Leader. The Industrial Engineer will lead varied project types in different areas of the plant and drive change by working closely with managers, supervisors, and employees. Through this, the Industrial Engineer will ensure process improvements, productivity improvements, and cost reductions.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including safety regulations and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Be a leader of change. This person must be comfortable working at all levels within the organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Apply standard Industrial Engineering tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives. Time studies and layout improvements listed above as main function.
- Manage, coordinate, and complete a portfolio of projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve utilizing the tracking system.
- Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques concerned with process improvement.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices while understanding the cost impact of those changes.
- Review production information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services. This includes, but is not limited to, production schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
- Review, direct, and communicate flow of information among various groups to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing business goals.
- Maintain site capital improvement projects through use of the FAPI system.
- Influence decisions of site leadership.
- Collaborate and prepare concise presentations to site leadership.
- Foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be accountable for project results.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
- Proven relevant working experience in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- AutoCAD Software – Applied in project work
- Working knowledge of Standard Costing Systems and Product Cost estimating
- Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of construction standard building methods, common practice, and materials
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering) or other related technical degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate Degree in applicable field with strong job/project related experience may be considered.
- Multiple examples of projects that applicant has been required to operate in the Project Lead(er) Role driving results.
- Strong experience in Process Improvement, Mechanical Design, and Capital Equipment Cost Justification.
Job Reference Number: 10-14SB
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.