Indirect Procurement Manager
Purchasing / Supply Chain
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with plant management to build and execute purchasing processes that optimizes plant profitability.
- Identify overall Procurement continuous improvement opportunities, driving productive change in the process and team.
- Build supplier relationships & drive continuous improvement on cost, quality, delivery,
- compliance, striving for sustainability and partnership for the best value to company.
- Implement risk management strategies related to supply.
- Ensure appropriate balance of supply materials through oversight of purchasing and receipts.
- Negotiate supply contracts.
- Interact collaboratively with finance with regards to procure to pay process.
- Support on-going safe operations through supplier education and accountability of conformance to specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (engineering, sciences, or business); advanced business degree preferred (e.g., MBA)
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in procurement or related field
- Commodity purchasing and/or metal manufacturing experience required
- Experience leading process improvement activities
- Excellent leadership, communication, and business partnering skills along with strong negotiation, facilitation, and problem resolution abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including time-management
- Smart and nimble mind-set, with the ability to interpret market and operational changes and proactively work to meet the dynamic business demands
- Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, teammate engagement, active teamwork, continuous improvement while practicing target behaviors
- Ability to travel as required
- Must be US citizen or Green Card holder.
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.