Growing plastics company has an excellent opportunity available for a General Manager. Directs all aspects of the business operations, including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Prepares an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of machine efficiencies, material yields, labor and overhead costs versus budget.
- Implement a plant performance tracking system, which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels and finance.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture.
- Works to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Works with the Production Manager to ensure that the facility’s operation activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant’s working capital is properly managed.
- Provides information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
- Frequently researches cost saving opportunities; leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Oversees all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
- Enforces all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
- Monitors the facility’s equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company’s equipment and physical facility properly maintained.
- Understands the technical aspects of the facility’s manufacturing processes so as to provide support to departmental personnel.
- Constantly assesses the facility’s operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Implements, drives, and sustains key initiatives that support plant strategic goals.
- Drives standardization practices throughout the organization that align with industry best practices.
- Ensures that quality standards are understood and meet acceptable limits in the manufacturing and distribution process.
- Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams. Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promotes cross-training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labor costs, and supports succession planning.
- Manage and maintain labor and operating costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
- Oversees the hiring and training of facility personnel. Works with department leaders to seek out ways to motivate and develops employees.
- Oversees the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted level of costs.
- Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, plant production development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned.
- Assures that policies and documentation are current and facility is compliant with customer audit requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial or Chemical Engineering, other Engineering or Business.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressive manufacturing experience, preferably currently having same role (GM) in a manufacturing company or with at least 10-years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
- Process analytical, evaluate and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing Continuous Improvement projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in the plastics industry a must. Experience in polymers, extrusion, compounding, polyolefins or thermoplastics preferred.
- APICS, CQE, Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement credentials preferred.
- Process working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques including: Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Visual Management and JIT Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
Environmental: Possible exposure to high-temperature items, unpleasant odors, additives including, but not limited to fiberglass, abrasive materials, fluctuating temperatures, and stairs.
Job Reference Number: 12-18E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.