Our client, a leader in the development, manufacturing, and installation of high-quality commercial millwork has an immediate opportunity available for an Estimator to join their team. This is an on-site opportunity.
- Develop accurate job cost estimates by analyzing blueprints, understanding client goals and compiling material, labor, subcontract, installation, freight and overhead costs.
- Working closely with project managers, purchasing and shop management to fully understand the project realities and alternatives to achieve the expected deliverables.
- Capture and catalog actual results for use and comparisons in future estimating requests.
- Categorize and present materials for kickoff meetings.
- Interact with the purchasing and production group to review material choices and alternatives.
- Develop quality and value-engineering opportunities with the engineering and production departments and review with the client for the collective benefit.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Build material and labor routers.
- Communicate job cost assumptions and plans to purchasing, project managers and shop foremen.
- Analyze estimate to actual job performance to minimize future variances correcting poor assumptions or miscommunication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in estimating manufacturing costs for retail or restaurant fixture packages, or similar industry.
- Ability to read blueprints and perform take-offs.
- Proven ability to build and improve estimating processes and systems.
- Great mathematical, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship abilities.
- Excellent Excel and computer skills.
- Ability to learn and navigate ERP system (Global Shop).
Job Reference Number: 8-17E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.