Our client is the largest fabricator and erector of structural steel and miscellaneous metals in the Northeast. They have immediate opportunities available for experienced Estimators. This is not a remote position and must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
The role of the Miscellaneous Metals Estimator is to support the needs of the sales staff. Most of the time will be estimating miscellaneous metals and related products. It includes review of construction documents (plans and specifications), making a material take -off, calculating labor and material costs to develop an estimate and bid proposal. A percentage of time for this role will require communication with the customer and subcontractors in relation to each project is bidding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews construction documents, site, architectural and structural steel plans, specifications and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Works the entire life cycle of a bid from bid invitation to finalizing bid proposal for submission to customer.
- General understanding of material pricing various for various steel shapes.
- Obtains pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors.
- General understanding of misc. metals detailing, fabrication, and erection.
- Working knowledge of AESS finishes and workmanship.
- General knowledge misc. metals finishes.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with others within the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items.
- Attends departmental meetings and customer scope reviews as required.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School diploma or GED diploma, or one (1) to twelve (12) months of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of miscellaneous metals estimating experience.
- Must have the ability to read and understand design drawings
- Basic math skills and technical writing skills required.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Must have good oral and written skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels in the organization, customers and vendors; must be able to deal with ambiguity and various changing requirements while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work through bid process, addressing customer needs and requests, and balancing business needs.
Job Reference Number: 11-22MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.