Electrical Engineering Manager
Our client a vertically integrated manufacturer of metal-based building products has an opportunity available for an Electrical Engineering Manager to lead their automation team. This role will report directly to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager and
will work closely with both the production and reliability teams. Responsibilities include ensuring overall asset health, effectively analyzing process concerns and performance gaps and guide resources to resolve problems, developing Electrical Automation Technician’s skills, and ensuring mechanical engineering standards are met. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. This is an ON-SITE opportunity.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop plant culture that places highest value on workplace safety and environmental/OSHA compliance.
- Develop Electrical Automation Technician technical skills in the areas of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), reliability tools, and skills necessary to execute planned and emergent work.
- Detailed Job Planning – Work with the Electrical Planner/Scheduler to:
develop routine preventive and predictive maintenance and schedules for equipment and ensure work is performed according to schedule on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and schedule TPM activities by preparing and maintaining and weekly maintenance schedule.
- Plan all electrical activities associated with planned plant outages.
- Ensure engineering standards are achieved and maintained.
- Liaison with OEM’s and 3rd party Engineering.
- Manage departmental spend and budget.
- Provide technical support in writing Job Safety Analysis’s (JSA’s) and Standard Work.
- Provide technical support in setting critical spares for new equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Safety Systems, Siemens & Rockwell PLC platforms.
- Experience with HMI/SCADA systems and Wonderware or similar process data system.
- Experience with SQL programming.
- Greenfield experience is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical or similar drawing package.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and methodology.
- Familiar with TPM principals.
- Solid organizational skills and time-management.
- Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, teammate engagement, active teamwork.
Job Reference Number: 8-29MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.