Very large company has an excellent opportunity available for a Director of Engineering, with a strong background in injection molding. This position will be involved with manufacturing process design, new technologies & maintenance, new product development & enhancements, product testing, plastics machinery & mechanical engineering. This is a staff level position and does not have any direct reports. This position offers an executive level base salary & comprehensive benefits.
- Develops manufacturing process design.
- Develops and participates in the application of new technologies and maintenance.
- Develops ideas for new products or product enhancements and oversees engineering involvement in the creation of new products and improvement of existing products.
- Leads the design, development, and enhancement of new and existing products/product lines.
- Stays abreast of trends in the field and ensures that all products meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Product Development – implementation into manufacturing – product production (full cycle knowledge).
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Maybe be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products.
- Individual contributor – meaning responsible for outcomes, collaboration with other departments (engineering, material science, manufacturing technology, automation, etc.).
- Theoretical / outside the box engineering capabilities.
- Strong in material science.
- Understanding of how plastic reacts to stress strained curves.
- Plastics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering experience.
- 15-years of experience to include plastic product design with progression into manufacturing.
- Proven track record in problem solving manufacturing challenges.
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Five years of plastics experience.
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of large plastic parts; 15-200 lbs.
- Polymers, extrusion, and injection molding.
- ISO 9001.
- Experience in thermoplastics, polyethylene, polypropylene, HDPE, LLDPE would be a plus.
Job Reference Number: 8-24E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.