Commercial Finance Manager
An industry leader in the manufacture of construction and industrial goods for over 100 years has an opening available for a Commercial Finance Manager. The Commercial Finance Manager will lead monthly, annual, and long-term sales planning and reporting for the division. In addition, provides commercial controllership and internal control, and will lead business pricing analysis along with profitability and market analysis. This position requires the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial and operational data and develop action plans to meet business objectives. The Commercial Finance Manager must also have the interpersonal skills and leadership abilities to successfully collaborate with others to implement recommendations and change initiatives.
This position is based out of Denver, CO but we do have a flexible work arrangement which, by way of example, an employee’s work week may include both some days at the employee’s assigned company work location and some workdays performed remotely from the employee’s home. The schedule of remote work will be based on business and work needs as determined by management. Currently, this position requires work at the World Headquarters in Denver, CO and is not fully remote.
- Commercial controllership and controls.
- Lead/manage three Finance Analysts.
- Drive pricing and profitability analytics.
- Drives pricing administration.
- Drive ownership and organizational discipline to monitor and proactively optimize financial performance.
- Oversight for sales compensation program tracking, reporting, and accounting.
- Oversight for customer rebate program tracking, reporting, and accounting.
- Oversight and accounting for all gross to net revenue factors.
- Drive improved sales and profitability reporting.
- Support Product Management organization financial requirements.
- Oversight and accounting for the guarantees program.
- Proactively manage sales planning process to optimize product mix and maximize efficiencies financial performance.
- Drive actionable performance improving analysis of monthly operating results through identification of sources of variability, pricing controls, and business strategy.
- Actively lead process simplification and ERP initiatives and ensure compliant internal controls and SOX compliance requirements.
- Lead the monthly and annual commercial finance forecast/planning process.
- Drive the annual strategic planning process for commercial finance inputs and modeling.
- Lead working capital optimization through improved credit terms and improved inventory demand planning.
- Identify appropriate performance-based metrics.
- Interacts heavily with RS Sales and Commercial Operations leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of six years of progressive financial management experience and two years in a financial leadership role.
- Proven leadership ability and experience driving team performance.
- Proven ability to drive performance improvements and implement controls environment.
- Experience and proficient in the development and use of performance-based metrics, scorecards, etc.
- Strong people and presentation skills.
- Strong people development skills with a proven ability to develop financial talent, provide growth opportunities and optimize performance.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience with financial and operational ERP systems.
- Minimal travel required (0 – 10 days per year).
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds.
- The work environment is typical of an office setting.
Job Reference Number: 9-11MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.