CNC Mill Department Leader
A well-established precision machining company located outside of Chicago has an immediate need for a CNC Mill Department Leader to join their organization. The ideal candidate must enjoy being part of a team and building effective working relationships.
The Mill Lead works with a team of ten CNC machinists ranging in skill from operators to advanced programmers. On a daily basis, the lead assigns jobs to machinists based on scheduling requirements, skill, and training opportunities. They also encourage the development of the team through personalized feedback and hands-on training.
Mill department equipment includes: fifteen 3-axis and 5-axis mills from Haas, FANUC, and Doosan most of which are less than five years old. Half of these are automated, which has increased production capacity without requiring overtime or a second shift.
- Supervising Machinists
- Assign jobs to machinists based on scheduling requirements, skills, and training opportunities
- Ensure machinists are completing their assigned duties effectively
- Encourage machinist productivity during down time (e.g., cleaning, assembly, deburring, special projects, etc.)
- Communicate with Quality Department to ensure acceptable part quality and timely inspections
- Job Management
- Review target cycle times vs. current cycle times in department
- Work with machinists & Production Manager to optimize cycle times
- Complete spot checks of completed parts
- Consult with Production Manager when direction or assistance is needed
- Machining techniques
- Work with HR when needed to address performance and discipline issues
- Monitor and enforce that WMC policies are being followed
- Maintain accountability to performance standards and core values
- Other duties as assigned
- Due to ITAR compliance, applicants must be US Citizens
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and pass a drug-screen and background check
- Experience with precision machining processes
- Five years of operating, setting-up, and programming CNC mills in a production environment
- Three years CAD/CAM experience
- Knowledge of: measuring techniques and best practices; tooling types and machining processes; GD&T
- Ability to: optimize programs for speed, reliability, part finish, and tool life, troubleshoot machining processes program in G-Code
- Experience in: ISO9001 or AS9100D certified business; FeatureCAM; PowerMILL
- high speed machining and micro tooling; machining precision parts (.0005″ or tighter tolerance); robotic automation; 3D profiling on mills; Lean Manufacturing or 5S setting; manual milling, turning, and grinding experience
Job Reference Number: 11-30MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.