Well established company has an outstanding opportunity available for a Buyer. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; contact management systems; database software; internet software; inventory software; order processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Research and evaluate suppliers by considering price, quality, availability, and other criteria.
- Interviewing vendors and visiting supplier’s facilities to obtain the best prices/terms on behalf of the company.
- Verifying purchases by comparing them to master list and recommending alternatives for cost reduction activities.
- Authorizing payments and maintaining receipts, records, and inventories.
- Support inside sales representative to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Purchase goods and services tat meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed and coordinate with inventory team and management.
- Update and maintain records.
- Stays current on trends within the market impacting our inventory and supply chain.
- Maintain knowledge of support, administer, and ensure compliance with all company policies including those that are stated in the employee handbook, safety policies, quality policies, company policies, etc.
- Promote safety and environmental compliance through active participation and support of company safety and environmental policies and programs and initiating corrective action for recognized unsafe conditions or hazards. Report any incident, regardless of severity, including fire, equipment damage, facility damage, or employee injury to the EHS department.
- Promote harmony in the workforce through good and open communication; fair, consistent, and respectful treatment of others while maintaining discipline within the organization.
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- American Purchasing Society Certification or Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- Analytical, negotiation and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Design – demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Experience in purchasing chemicals, plastics, resins, PVC, TPO, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, polymers, thermoplastics, polyolefins, polyethylene or polypropylene a plus.
Job Reference Number: 12-9E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.