Multi-billion dollar company has an excellent opportunity available for a Blow Molding Engineer. Apply Lean Six-Sigma problem solving competence and aggressively drive to reduce waste in stretch blow molding and extrusion processes through data-driven engineering investigation: Design of Experiments; Root Cause Analysis, Capability Analysis, and utilization of other appropriate quality improvement tools.
This Engineer has a high-level of broad blow molding competence gained through on-the-job expertise and/or is a high performing Engineer with transferrable plastics processing skills to become quickly proficient in the operation of custom manufacturing equipment, testing & measuring instruments, and in processing various plastics to specification. Will drive multiple projects simultaneously and achieve business results in an inclusive manner. Will work closely with customers, operations, quality, skilled technicians, account managers, machine shop and senior management.
Support quality system management requirements including:
- Change control
- NC, customer complaint, CA/PA investigation and resolution
- Process risk assessment, PFMEA
- Support customer / intercompany audits
- Compliance with quality management system, FDA quality system regulations, ISO standards and SOP’s as defined by policies practices and procedures.
- Review proposed product/process changes considering risk & customer notifications.
- Train manufacturing and quality control personnel in understanding specifications, new product requirements, procedures, and measurement techniques.
- Methodical problem-solving competence to drive manufacturing engineering / development investigations, experiments, and resolutions across production value streams.
- Troubleshoot and permanently resolve process issues.
Perform activities in assigned areas including:
- Waste reduction initiatives – value improvement projects
- Print/specification interpretation and capability assessment
- Perform process, product and equipment validations / verifications
- Implement proper data collection, analysis and action
- Create, own, and execute projects from initiation through completion
- Compile evidence and report status as required
- KP data collection and reporting
- Technical leadership competence: train, support and develop junior engineers
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable plastics extrusion/blow molding expertise, or transferrable skills and results in process engineering, application of statistical techniques and business improvements commensurate with the level.
- Practicing Black Belt (preferred)
- Quality focused
- Good writing and personal communication skills
- Well organized, focused and driven to excel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Mini-tab (or equivalent), Shop Floor Control Systems and ERP Systems; AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience is a plus.
- Capability to interrogate databases to create reports.
- Bachelor’s degree Plastics Engineering, Materials Science, Plastics Engineering (preferred); other engineering degrees (considered).
- In addition, production equipment / software expertise; MBA and/or project management skills are desirable.
- Knowledge, training, experience in medical device manufacturing & quality systems (ISO 13485: 21 CFR 820).
- Ten plus years of experience.
Job Reference Number: 10-27E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.