A plastic injection molding manufacturer that has been in business for over 30 years has an opportunity available for an AP/AR Specialist. The AP/AR will provide mid-level financial support and administrative services to the facility. This position works closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties. This position reports to the Controller and has no direct reports.
- Managing the accounts receivable process; monthly account reconciliation and collection efforts.
- Posts daily cash receipts through the system.
- Responsible for ensuring customer AR is kept current and within their terms.
- Contacts customers with past due invoices and obtains a commitment for payment.
- Works with customers and internal personnel to get a resolution on disputed invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepares a list of all AR that is deemed uncollectible on a monthly basis and writes off uncollectible AR with Controller approval.
- Processes manual AR invoices and credit memos as needed.
- Managing the accounts payable process; entering invoices into system using proper account numbers, scanning into the ERP system, reviewing vendor statements, and reconciling differences; 1099 preparation at year end.
- Working closely with purchasing and receiving to approve and process accounts payable invoices.
- Collecting credit card receipts and processing expense reports.
- Calculates and processes monthly commissions for manufacturing reps.
- Calculates and processes monthly surcharges to customers.
- Provides supporting documentation for monthly accruals as needed.
- Maintains tooling spreadsheet and works with Project Managers to completion.
- Sorting and distributing daily mail.
- Tracking capital expenditure projects.
- Miscellaneous tasks: filing, researching, creating reports and charts, other support as needed as well as other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Two plus years of experience as a Staff Accountant, AP or AR function preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate a fully integrated ERP system; knowledge of IQMS software preferred.
- Broad knowledge of general business practices and procedures.
Job Reference Number: 7-9E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.