Very successful company with multiple manufacturing locations has an exciting opportunity available for a Plant Manager, with experience in plastic injection molding. This position is responsible for the full operation of the plant. Oversees employees, production and efficiency to ensure that the plant is operating at optimum levels, with adequate production scheduling. The positions directs receiving, production and shipment of products. Monitors business data and identifies continuous improvement opportunities, equipment efficiency and safety concerns.
- Developing new plans and strategies for improving the operations and profitability of the plant.
- Coordinating plant activities and plans with Leadership Team, as well as with other plants, to ensure that overall company manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and clean work environment suitable to achieve conformity to product and process requirements as well as employee wellbeing.
- Ensuring that all plant operations are performed in compliance with regulatory requirements including OSHA requirements and requirements of various environmental agencies.
- Developing competent employees, including the management of employee training on an ongoing basis.
- Monitoring the availability of all raw materials necessary for production.
- Ensuring that suitable production related equipment and tooling is established and maintained at a high level of readiness.
- Ensuring that such production equipment is capable of completing pertinent operations at a high level of quality and at the speed and within the time allotted.
- Managing the plant level purchasing of parts, manufacturing supplies and outside services.
- Establishing and maintaining plant level documentation such as visual controls, posters and signage.
- Management, leadership and organizational skills
- Proven success record at creative thinking, leading change and reducing cost
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong arithmetic and shop math skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A minimum of 10 years in a strong leadership position within Manufacturing
- Previous Plastics Injection Molding experience
- Experience in HPDE, LDPE, LLDPE, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Thermoplastics or Polyolefins would be a plus.