Our client, a market leader in coatings and chemicals for the construction and also voted one of the best places to work in Connecticut is currently seeking a Coatings/R&D Chemist. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.
The Coatings and Formulations Chemist works to help improve existing coatings and develop new coating products and test coating properties. He or she carefully analyzes the formulations and identifies their activity in the predetermined and existing circumstances. He or she looks for opportunities wherein can maneuver the new formulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and positively contributes in a team environment, effectively collaborates with team members inside and outside the project, and supports team engagement initiatives.
- Work toward technical milestones and deliver results against aggressive timelines.
- In-depth knowledge to develop and synthesize new polymers in the broad fields of organic, inorganic and hybrid materials with various applications.
- Investigate the formulation patterns, fundamental interaction of raw substances, actual formulations and ingredients, and the related standards and properties of the formulation materials.
- Maintain the batch production track records.
- Create and/or review and approve technical documents to support developmental projects.
- Evaluates product properties through instrumental and other appropriate testing.
- Develop, validate, and conduct testing of product formulations to ensure product performance and establish critical product specifications.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results effectively to contribute to the development of new and improved products.
- Must follow all established safety rules and procedures.
- Set QC standards if required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
10+ years of experience in coatings, adhesives or sealants
5+ years of formulation experience
Experience with mechanical properties testing
Skills and Abilities preferred:
Driven toward innovation and continuous improvement
Self-driven and willing to face the challenges involved in formulating.
Excels in and enjoys problem solving
Prefer an innovator with project management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; knowledge of Microsoft Project is desirable
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Familiar with Stage Gate Process