Growing company has an excellent opportunity available for a Production Manager, with hands-on experience in plastic thermoforming. Provides hands-on leadership for a 3-shift operation focusing on safety, quality, and labor productivity for machine operations and finishing/packing/assembly departments. Create and maintain programs that ensure a safe working environment for all employees in the plant. Monitor ongoing production to identify process refinements for quality and/or productivity improvements, ensure standard work across shifts and that company policies are being followed. Motivate and develop a team with shared goals and process, material and equipment knowledge.
Key Team Members:
- Shift/Department Supervisors
- Group Leads
- Material Handlers
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct safety walkthroughs and any accident/near-miss investigation/remediation’s; plan regular basic training for all employees.
- Create skill training and development plans for all staff – general (how to glue blocks), process (how to man a CNC machine); job specific as needed; maintain follow-ups – job planning/documentation based on industry best practices.
- Schedule flexibility to interact with all shifts – 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. minimum on-site.
- Lead cross-functional team responsible for corrective action response, root cause investigation; complete documentation updates for mistake proofing.
- Manage/recommend staffing levels, rates, schedules, OT, PTO, employee growth opportunities; ensure discipline is consistently applied.
- Daily – review operations to ensure compliance with procedures and identify potential areas for improvement, monitor job changes for progress, review sign-offs for safety and quality, participate in any QC issue resolution. Escalate to management when issues arise that prevent sign-off as scheduled.
- Participate in new job development / first article sign-off process; manage ECN process for production process portion.
- Plan and schedule maintenance of machines, facilities and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Encourage good teamwork within the team and ensure a safe, clean, organized environment throughout the plant.
Experience in plastics thermoforming is a must; a background in extrusion, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, polyethylene, polypropylene, polycarbonate, PVC, polyolefins or thermoplastics would be a plus.
Experienced shift leader
Effective communication skills – electronic, verbal, written
OSHA 10-hr Certification (30-hr. preferred)
Experience with contract workforce