Well established company in Northeast Ohio has a position open for a Process Engineer, with experience in plastic injection molding.
- Read and maintain a working knowledge of Quality Procedures (QP-09) and work instructions.
- Provides technical process support to the organization.
- Interface with the Production Manager on a daily basis to determine production needs related to process and other technical issues.
- Report scheduled activities to management during daily management meeting. Also, summarize prior day’s activities.
- Create and administer training programs for Process and Mold Set-up Technicians as well as existing staff on new equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of production schedule and ensure technical issues are acknowledged and addressed to support schedule.
- Act as technical lead responsible for new mold sampling, DOE’s, material samples, engineering changes, etc.
- Establish injection molding and robotic process for all new jobs.
- Establish acceptable process variation allowances and associated adjustment range.
- Act as technical lead on reduction projects for cycle and scrap through controlled planning with the Production Manager.
- Assist in all automation projects.
- Interface with customers and supplies as technical representative when necessary.
- Create and administer program for storage and back-up of electronic process parameters.
- Active participant in continuous improvement activities.
- Provide technical guidance for mold design.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of processing experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong motivational and organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience in plastic injection molding.