Large and very successful company is searching for a Process/Product Engineer in the Charlotte, NC area. The Process/Product Engineer will focus on the development of new molding compounds, improvements to existing compounds, maintenance of existing production processes and products and support of new products and other company strategic initiatives. This position will also provide support to all current manufacturing locations as required.
- Evaluate new materials for injection molded parts.
- Mold flow-cool part analysis, mold design changes or improvements for molding high cavity tools to tolerances.
- Implement process changes to include, establishing process conditions, procedures, training of associates, costing and BOM updating.
- Work with all third party certifying agencies to maintain, or modify existing product listings.
- Set-up and conduct process capability studies.
- Review, set-up trials and recommendations on new pieces of equipment and tooling to improve production efficiency and costs.
- Design, implementation and analysis of experiments to solve production problems.
- Evaluate part quality as it relates purchasing specifications and control of incoming raw materials related to new products and process changes.
- Make recommendations for improving the reliability of components, and processes.
- Acquire, and analyze data. Prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system. Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Will work with the quality department to develop test methods, and training programs.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, and Lean Methods, etc. Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Assist with customer complaints as required.
- Four year degree in plastics, chemical or mechanical engineering, or a related field of study.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks, Mold Flow and FEA Analysis for molded part design or other related software simulation packages.
- Mini Tab experience would be desirable.
- Process Reliability Training.
- Knowledge of plastics test methods including: tensile properties, Izod Impact, HDT, Brabender Testing, and Long-Term Properties Testing.
- Basic knowledge of plastics injection molding processes. Experience with vinyl compounds would be helpful.