Major company in the Cincinnati, OH area is searching for a Plastics Process Engineer. The Plastics Process Engineer is responsible for operating and improving a breakthrough new polymer injection molding technology. This role will lead start-up support of this technology in multiple locations; and support ongoing development and improvement of key process parameters.
· Develop personal process mastery of this new technology (initially high > 50%).
· Work with the installation field teams to process support for new installations (ongoing > 50%)
· Design and execute start-up plans for new installations including process definition and optimization (10%)
· Provide comprehensive experiential training for the process design and operation of the technology (10%)
· Support ongoing development of the technology while working with the development organization (20%)
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in plastics, mechanical, or chemical engineering or related degree
· 5+ years experience in plastics processing operations
· Previous experience in new technology platforms desired
· Previous experience in technical training of others desired
· Experience in operating injection molding presses desired
· 30-60% travel required