Equivalent Education Level Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in packaging science, plastic engineering or polymer science required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience of packaging development in consumer or medical product industry.
• Fully operational in at least three of the following disciplines: injection molding; blow molding; flexible packaging, and printing. Experience in corrugated and paperboard a big plus.
• Fully operational in IP practice; have submitted at least 3 patent applications.
• Fully operational in project management and reporting with sited demonstrated competence.
• Proven track record working in cross-functional teams and managing the development of new packages.
• Strong knowledge of product/package interactions and packaging machinery.
• Experience working with industrial designers and CAD designers in the early stage of innovation.
• Attention to detail, hands-on, and self-motivated.
• Leadership skills and strong results-oriented mind-set.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas to senior management and other internal and external functions.
• Understanding of Stage-Gate methodology.
• Understanding of Six Sigma, black belt preferred.
• Working knowledge in environmental packaging. Wal-Mart score card understanding a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art of prototyping techniques (SLA, SLS, FDM, etc.).
• Understanding of CAD, engineering drawing conventions.